Happy Spring everyone!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Reading blog 12/14/08- Acorn Shortage

Some scientists fear a mysterious shortage of acorns this fall in the eastern U.S. will affect squirrels.
I recently read an online article Scientists baffled by mysterious acorn shortage by Marsha Walton from the CNN.com/technology section. The article addresses a key problem, a Nation-wide acorn shortage in the U.S. The thing is that oak trees have already shed their leaves, but the usual amount of acorns underfoot is not many. In the far corners of  Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia, scientists have found no acorns at all. A cause might be the bumper crop of acorns last year, which many other's say may be one reason for this year's scarcity. Also, another cause is the dramatic increase of precipitation because if there is too much rain for the oak's, they cannot grow acorns. The shortage isn't a crisis level, but it is important to watch it closely. 

7 comments:

Alex R. said...

I actually do believe its funny, how my whole point of writing that blog was to prove the point that people are always judged on SOME form of their opinion...but...you just proved it yourself XD

Britta said...

well actually alex you blogged about how you can't be yourself in school when...you actually are! Hmm about that, you have been judging my opinion of what I write in my last couple of blogs so you also just proved it yourself. oh and also i believe that i blogged on your blog to be nice, because i was one of the only people except the teacher to comment on one of them. so im sorry for being thoughtful of others.

Alex R. said...

roehl, sorry for swearing, but what fuckin ever girl alright? just back the hell off, and stop acting like someone who thinks they know everything. the blog was about judgment in general; i know i dont know everything, but at least i know when to keep my certain opinions to myself and trust me, i could be saying a lot worse stuff to you. im being calm right now; so just back off alright?

Britta said...

me back off? look who's been leaving nasty comments on all my posts...im just trying to defend myself and really why would i be scared of what you say? words don't mean anything and your actions speak louder than your words. Also, im sorry for ever trying to comment on your blogs

Alex R. said...

youre the one who had to go onto my blog, and act like "im miss i know everything". the only person defending themselves is me

Britta said...

okay answer me this question have you or have you not been leaving the first comments on my blog saying not so nice things? and this one when i left my comment on your post the first one was just asking you a question not trying to be mean? and did you ever answer that question? oh and how did i have to go on your blog and act like im miss i know everything? im not, you sound like you are just look at what you wrote "you just proved it yourself XD" oh and it would be nice if you could stop leaving all these rude remarks on my blogs that I actually finish and start answering my questions instead of avoiding them because you can't answer them without admitting that what I said was right.

Ms. Roehl said...

Blog posts are for opinions. But remember that you shouldn't post entries or comments that you wouldn't say in person.