Happy Spring everyone!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Blog #2 4/29/08

For this blog post, I would like to write a letter to Polly in Jo's point of view. This is after Polly came to visit Jo at her beach house but Jo was talking to another friend and Polly heard Jo say that she isn't really her friend. Polly left and was extremely hurt. 

 Dear Polly,

I am sorry for what happened when you visited. I know you must have overheard the things I said, and I feel miserable every time I think of it- which I do a lot. I know I should have told you the truth before I came but now when I come to think of it, it was better I didn't because then I didn't realize what a real friend you were when at the end everyone left me but you were the only one left. The truth is I really didn't want you to visit. I know that's mean and I'm ashamed of it. I was so caught up with the scene at the restaurant and these older girls. I just thought that was the most important thing and that you would get in the way of it. Its' kinda scary to be so wrong. Those people weren't important. They weren't real friends at all, but you are. I understand that better now and no matter what happens I will always know what a real friend is because of you and Ama. I don't expect you to forgive me. I don't really think you should. But I just want to tell you the truth, because what I said to her was a lie. You are my friend. Even if we never talk to each other again, you have been a better friend than I have ever deserved. And that is the truth. 

From, 

Jo (aka me)

1 comments:

Ms. Roehl said...

Clever blog post.