Happy Spring everyone!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Awarness

So, this blog post is pretty much just for its own. This spring break, I went to San Francisco and Scottsdale, AZ. When I went to San Francisco it really amazed me how many different ethnic groups lived there and that many people would help you with directions or were friendly. I'll admit that I had some preconcived notions about a big city like San Francisco, like that everyone was mean and no one wanted to help you, but when I gave it some time it showed that you really shouldn't have ideas of what people will be like. Another thing that made me realize what a big world it is, is that there were so many homeless people in the streets and in the parks because the weather is much more temperate than it is here in minnesota. What really made me mad was that people just walked by and mothers or fathers with their kids would tell them not to look at them. I didn't bring money around with me, but I always smiled at them because they seem so lonely. I wish that their helplessness would be brought into the media more often so that things would be better for everyone and that stereotypical barriers would be broken down.  

0 comments: